The Rosie Creators Award: Entry Guidelines
Entries are open to girls aged between 12-20 years of age, living in Australia, who are subscribers to the Rosie mailing list at the closing date (20 April 2015).
One written piece per entry, maximum 1000 words (fiction or non-fiction). Written works can be in a variety of formats – essay, story, article, poetry.
One photograph per entry. We do not accept violent images.
One video work per entry, maximum 10 minutes in length. Video works may be in a variety of formats – video art, spoken word blog, drama or other performance. We do not accept works containing graphic violence.
One written submission per person or group. We want to fund your community cause, so tell us how you are creating change or how you will create change! Submissions are open to a variety of community activist causes – women’s rights, human rights, animal rights, environmental issues and student voice. Group submissions welcome.
– We define ‘girl’ as anyone who broadly identifies as a girl (this includes transgender and cisgender). We welcome entries from individuals who identify as gender queer or non-binary.
– Entries must be submitted by midnight 20 April 2015 for the relevant award categories.
– Entrants may submit a different work to each of the award categories. One photograph, written work, video and activist submission per entry.
– Submissions must be original works.
– Entrants cannot win multiple awards (candidates may enter all categories but are not able to win more than one award category).
– We do not accept violent or nude imagery.
– All entrants grant Rosie non-exclusive rights (the author retains copyright over the work) to publish the selected work on RosieRespect.org.au and within Young Vagabond.
– The winning entry/entries will be selected by the judging panel based on adherence to the theme of respect and the quality of the work. For the full award criteria for each category, please contact Team Rosie: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Should there be a shortage of entries or if a winner of an award category is unable to be determined, the judging panel may decide to not award a prize.
– All decisions are final, no correspondence will be entered into.
The Rosie Creators Award is an initiative of Rosie, supported by the 6A Foundation.
Young Vagabond – our major award promotional partner. Rosie is a flagship initiative of the Dugdale Trust for Women & Girls.