Recipe: Bliss Balls
Liz from I Spy Plum Pie shares her recipe for bliss balls (also known as raw cacao balls) with us, yum!
I’ve seen lots of recipes and photos of bliss balls (also known as raw cacao balls) on the internet and they intrigued me by how delicious they sound, whilst still being surprisingly healthy, so I decided to make some of my own. There are lots of variations out there so I cobbled a few together and used the ingredients that most appealed to me (and I happened to have on hand!)
- 2 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup nuts – I used almonds and walnuts
- 1tbs raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Desiccated coconut
- Soak the dates in warm water for approximately 10 minutes
- Put the dates, nuts, cacao powder and vanilla bean paste in your food processor
- Mix until it clumps together
- Roll the mixture into golf-ball sized balls
- Roll the balls in coconut and place on a tray
- Refrigerate for 1-2hrs before enjoying
If your food processor isn’t overly strong you may want to blend the nuts first on their own, or alternatively use almond meal in place of the whole almonds.
For more delicious recipes, check out our Healthy Living tips.
You might also like:
Recognising the signs of an eating disorder is the first step towards recoveryRead more →
#Thinspo: A Serious Social Media Trend
Thinspiration is a harmful trend popping up instagram feeds everywhere. Let’s discuss.Read more →
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isd2oPMdC3M[/youtube] What is oral sex? ‘Oral’ means anything to do with your mouth, and so when we’re talking about sex, […]Read more →